Hello! I hope you are doing GREAT today! I posted this last year and thought it would be good to repost it – with a few minor changes.
Today, Monday, January 16, we celebrate the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. If we can embrace what Martin Luther King stood for, and spoke about, this holiday can also be a day that is considered a day of service. Although we are familiar with Dr. Kings infamous speech “I Have a Dream“, Dr. King also has made many quotes which are considered to be some of the most famous quotations of all time. One quotation from Dr. King that brought one of my goals into perspective is this one: “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’
What are you doing for others….. and…what am I doing for others?
Training and helping others with exercise and diet to get healthy is my passion; my God-given gift. That is what I purpose to do to help others; and do more of it.
You’ve may read on my website or one of my other publications where I say that we are in the season of wellness; and I want to make this year the best year for fitness ever!
I say the season of wellness because:
- more and more individuals have recognized the benefits of exercise and sensible eating
- more and more individuals have taken a self-analysis of themselves and have come to the conclusion that they, too, need to do better as it relates to their health and wellness.
- more and more individuals have visited their doctor, and at the end of the appointment, the doctor recommended exercise and a change of diet
- more and more individuals have been diagnosed with sickness and diseases (HBP, CVD, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc) later in life; which may have been prevented if they had taken precautions in the early years
- more and more individuals are experiencing aches and pains in their joints due to limited or no physical activity (atrophy) and now wish to start improving the quality of life with physical activity
- obesity is an epidemic not only in adults, but children, too
- our children are now getting adult diseases!
We all know of someone who falls into one or all of the categories – friends, family or co-workers – we all know someone.
I know that my gift is not for me, but to share, and sharing the gift is my ultimate goal. I had help to get me to where I am today. So being a certified fitness professional is my way of paying it forward and being of service. My assignment is “HOPE” = Helping Other People Exercise.
This is my way of helping others – and I really love what I do!
You can be of service to someone else, too, and help them or inform them about the benefits of being healthy! You can do this by contacting your churches, schools, corporations, friends and family members and start helping each other lead a healthier life! These are the people we love and care about so let’s start changing the statistics of poor health.
Oh the joy of feeling good!
Even if it isn’t today, what will your day of service be (helping others)?
I’d like to know what you think. Please leave me a comment!